Responsible for creating and managing a new makerspace, maintaining the University's institutional repository, digital humanities initiatives across disciplines, and information literacy instruction.
- Created the first academic library makerspace in Cincinnati. Responsible for hiring, training, and mentoring a staff of 12 student employees. Supported cross-curricular education by facilitating workshops, tours, and hands-on making projects for hundreds of students each semester.
- Library liaison to 100 faculty members across the College of Nursing and the Occupational Therapy and Sport Studies departments.
- Managed the University's Institutional Repository that houses over 28,000 digital artifacts encompassing faculty and student scholarship, archives, and special collections. Responsible for digitizing and creating metadata (Dublin Core) for new collections and additions. Worked directly with faculty from all colleges/departments to identify and ingest new faculty and student scholarship.
- Planned, hosted, and facilitated dozens of programming and outreach events each year for regional and national organizations and learning partners.
- Established and supported the first VR program on campus that is available to all students and faculty of any discipline.
- Provided Instructional Design support for the entire College of Nursing during the remote class schedule, Spring - Summer 2020.
- Facilitated hybrid learning/Zoom Room training and provided support for the entire campus in preparation for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021.
Designed and managed the Technology Center, a state of the art branch in historic Hamilton, Ohio. Responsible for community outreach, curriculum development, and customer service.
- Implemented the first public library 3D printing program in the region (6 months before any other).
- Developed scope of branch services and hired and trained staff. Created an extensive curriculum of technology classes and workshops facilitated throughout the community.
- Cultivated relationships with a wide variety of community organizations thus increased the quality and audience of technology-focused library resources among patrons of all ages and comfort levels.
Managed the operations and personnel of the TechCenter which fulfills 250,000 annual patron computer reservations in one of the busiest library locations in the country.
- Quadrupled the number of computer classes and workshops during the first year of tenure, thus provided over 20 training sessions a month for 1,350 total patrons a year.
- Envisioned, proposed, budgeted, and implemented a new computer training room for customer and staff use.
- Contributed to the technical training of staff system-wide.
- Delivered outstanding customer service in a fast-paced urban library environment.
- First Year Seminar, Non-Linear Storytelling (CORE 100)
- GOA First Year Journey (CORE 101)
- GOA First Year Journey (CORE 102)
- Co-facilitated weekly writing, reading, and grammar classes for ESOL students.
- Sales, Persuasion, and Customer Service (BM2204)
- Introduction to Computer Technology (BT101)
- Advanced Computer Applications (BT201)
- Managed up to 12 concurrent debit card and ATM conversions for both domestic and international banks and credit unions.
- Responsible for on-site conversion support and customer training.
View select presentations, slides, and posters in my online portfolio.
View awarded grants in my online portfolio.